Post Rehabilitation Assessment & Training Program
Many athletes find themselves able to function in their normal activities, but still not ready to resume pre-injury levels of play. By combining the comprehensive approach of sports medicine with a more traditional strength and conditioning programming, our Post Rehabilitation Training Program bridges the gap between traditional rehabilitation and successful return to play.
Our seasoned trainers at the HIT work with rehabilitation specialists (physical therapists, orthopedic surgeons, and other healthcare providers on site) to further the process of getting the athlete ready to return to their optimal performance level. The goal of the program is a safe, seamless, and speedy return to play for athletes of all ages and levels of play.
Some of the most common post-rehabilitation conditions we work with include: post surgical knee (i.e., ACL), shoulder instability/dislocation, rotator cuff repair/strain, and back or neck injury. Nonetheless, the program is designed around each athlete’s unique needs and is always customized to address maximal recovery for each individual.
Post Rehab Protocol
• Assessment and review of the athlete’s current level of ability.
• Communication with members of the athlete’s sports medicine team.
• Progressive training of the injured area.
• Integration of complete strength & conditioning of non-injured areas.
• Strength, endurance, power, stability, and functional training specific to the athlete’s successful return to play.
• Teaching prevention strategies to avoid future injury.